"At FlipFlop Marketing integrity and relationships lie at the heart of all we do. Our relationships are built on trust. Just as our clients have the confidence to trust us we want visitors to our website to have the same assurance that our dealings with them will always be open and honest. We will always treat your information carefully and totally respect your privacy. We would never sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject)
This notice explains what personal data we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a ‘privacy notice’) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU.
FlipFlop Marketing Ltd refers to a Limited Company registered in England, Company Registration Number: 6649120.
Processing of personal data
FlipFlop Marketing Ltd will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with professional services and will never sell or broker your data.
If you have engaged with FlipFlop Marketing Ltd as a client, employee or sub-contractor, we will continue to hold personal data about you on a contractual basis.
If you are a potential client, business contact, a strategic partner or supplier we may hold personal data about you based on a Legitimate Interest assessment. We hold this information and communicate with you only on the basis that you have been referred to us professionally, you have initiated or requested contact with us or have previously engaged with one of our partners or our services.
How long do we keep your data?
FlipFlop Marketing Ltd will process personal data and will continue to store such personal data in accordance with our policy, as outlined below.
The personal data may, but not exclusively, include the following, not all of which will be held in every case.
Business Contact / Prospect / Lead
Legal basis for collecting information - Legitimate Interest
• Contact details
• Meeting notes
Retention Policy - 2 years after first contact
Legal basis for collecting information - Contractual
• Contact details
• Correspondence and Invoice Address
• Account Logins
• Business plan, marketing strategy and other confidential documents
• Details of staff and directors
• Photographic or video web site content
Retention Policy - 6 years from most recent invoice
Employee / Sub-contractor
Legal basis for collecting information - Contractual
• Contact details
• National Insurance No.
• PAYE information
• Salary information and timesheets
• Bank Account Details
Retention Policy - 6 years from most recent payslip/ invoice
Data is held in the United Kingdom, FlipFlop Marketing Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Sharing of personal data
FlipFlop Marketing Ltd may share your personal data with related employees, companies and sub-contractors as required to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. FlipFlop Marketing Ltd does not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with us without your consent. We will only share information where a GDPR-compliant confidentiality agreement is in place.
At any point whilst FlipFlop Marketing Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access - the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification - a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate
• Right to erasure - you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing - you have a right to restrict our processing of your data.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email [email protected] if you would like to correct or request access to information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this notice.
You also have the right to ask our Data Protection Officer for some but not all of the information we hold and process to be erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’) in certain circumstances.
Our Data Protection Officer will provide you with further information about the right to be forgotten, if you ask for it.
Please note that exercising some rights may have contractual consequences.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by FlipFlop Marketing Ltd, you have the right to complain.
Contact the FlipFlop Marketing Ltd Data Protection Officer at email [email protected]
If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Information Commissioner Office.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need for access. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality under their contractual agreement.
If there has been any suspected data security breach we will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally required to do so.
The Data Controller for this website is FlipFlop Marketing Ltd whose registered office and operating office is:
2 Grenadier Road
Registered in England No: 6649120
Data Protection Officer
Notification of changes to this policy
All rights, including copyright and database rights, in the FlipFlop Marketing Ltd website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to FlipFlop Marketing Ltd, or otherwise used by FlipFlop Marketing Ltd as permitted by applicable law.
Copyright©FlipFlop Marketing Ltd. All rights reserved.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure the content of our website (flipflopmarketing.co.uk) is accurate and reliable, use of this website is offered free of charge and on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
FlipFlop Marketing Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss, financial or otherwise, resulting from the content of our website. In no event will FlipFlop Marketing Ltd be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately on your first use of the website. FlipFlop Marketing Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
FlipFlop Marketing Ltd is not responsible or liable for the content of any external websites linked to from this site.
Information we collect on our website
This Policy explains how FlipFlop Marketing Ltd uses information we collect and how you can limit our use of that data.
• We do not collect any personal information ie. Name or Address unless you choose to submit an enquiry - we ask for only your first name, surname and email address to allow us to follow your enquiry up.
• Email newsletter signup form/Free Marketing Audit signup - if you sign up for the email newsletter or marketing audit the information you submit will not be stored within this website but will be forwarded to MailChimp. MailChimp is an email marketing services provider. The information provided will be kept on the MailChimp database whilst we use MailChimp for our marketing or until such time as you request to be removed from the list, by clicking on an unsubscribe link or sending an email to [email protected] to request removal. We will send out email newsletters containing marketing information and tips no more than once a month.
• We do collect information via Google Analytics to evaluate our website and ensure that it performs appropriately. The information collected relates to geographic location, device, operating system and browser. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone - it is anonymised. We collect it because it provides a useful insight into how our website is performing.
• Keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website.
• Make our website work as efficiently as possible.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser.
LEGAL & PRIVACY
FlipFlop Marketing Ltd
Tel: 01440 710158
Email: [email protected]
01440 710 158